Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chicken with Peppers

I had no idea what to call this, other than good. It was the end of the week, the options were slim and I was short on time so I threw this together. I was shocked that I thought to write it as I went and glad I did. Next time will take pictures of it because seeing yummy food makes it yummier. I served this on good ol' white rice, it was delish!

1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
salt, pepper, and italian seasoning to season meat
1 Tbl vegan butter
3 Tbl Olive Oil
white wine
chicken stock
green olive juice ( optional)
can diced tomatoes
2 bell peppers ( I used red and yellow but any kind is fine) thin sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 small onions or one large one thin sliced
handful mushrooms.


Melt butter and oil in pan over medium high heat. While the pan heats up, season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning mix and start the rice. When hot add the chicken and quickly brown removing when done. Quickly throw in the peppers, mushroom, onions and garlic. saute until they begin to soften. Add a few glugs of wine ( precise measurements here, it is all precision!) add about the same amount of stock as you did wine. It was here that I poured in about a 1/4 cup green olive juice but that is all up to you. Add the can of tomatoes and reduce heat to medium and simmer down. Once it has reduced to about half, add the meat back in and simmer on low for about twenty minutes while your rice cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swag Bucks Widget