Monday, March 1, 2010

CHICKEN PARM FINGERS


I thought this would be a good way to use the rest of the 'mozzarella' I had from pizza night.

2 cups crushed rice chex
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
3 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp onion poweder
3/4 tsp garlic powder

1 egg
salt and pepper

jar red pasta sauce
GFCF mozzarella

Crush the chex in a gallon bag if not already crushed, add the remaining seasonings. Salt and pepper chicken. I had fingers so that is what I am using tonight, you could easily use breasts.
make an egg bath, salt and pepper meat and coat in egg bath. Place chicken in bag and shake well until coated. Only do a few at a time.

You could either fry them or bake them. I think I am going to try baking them.
BAKE: Set oven to 400. Once heated, bake fingers for 8 minutes, flip them, bake another 7 or 8 min. Spray with cooking spray if you want a 'wetter' finger. After you flip add mozzarella and finish baking.

FRYING

Heat oil in pan over med high heat. Cook fingers until brown and crisp, flip, add 'cheese' when they are almost done and cover to melt.

Serve with warm pasta sauce on top or side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swag Bucks Widget