Tuesday, February 2, 2010

HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING

After perfecting this I could never go back to the packet with all the salt and junk in it. Very easy and more real tasting to me. I have been known to triple the cumin for myself, I LOVE cumin, but this is the middle of the road that you can tweak for your own taste. Don't skip the corriander, it is so sweet and gives it a wonderful balance.

1 lb ground beef
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1 8oz can tomato sauce
3 teas ground corriander seed
3 Tbl ground cumin
1 Tbl chili powder
2 cloves garlic minced

Brown the beef with the red onion. DRAIN THE FAT!! ( I forget to do said step, it was greasy, just do it, worth the extra minute I swear!) Add the spices and tomato sauce and mix well. Let it simmer on low for about twenty minutes to let the spices marry.

Serve anyway you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swag Bucks Widget