Sunday, February 14, 2010

PAELLA


I got this from the Gluten Free Mommy website and LOVE it! WIsh I could take credit for this one.

SIMPLE PAELLA
8 oz. cooked gluten free chicken sausage- I used andouille
a bunch of green onions, diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 can (14.5 oz) of gluten-free chicken broth (I used the Pacific foods brand)
1 cup long-grained rice (I used Lundberg’s Jasmine rice)
1/2 cup water
1.5 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ground saffron
1/4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed (optional)
8 oz. peeled cooked shrimp
3/4 to 1 cup frozen peas
DIRECTIONS:
In my paella tonight, I used a gluten-free Andouille chicken sausage, shrimp, and vegetables. I just threw the sausage, chicken broth, rice, water, thyme, gr. saffron, and red pepper in a skillet. I brought the mixture to a boil, covered it, and let is simmer for about 15 minutes. You want the heat to be just right or all the water will evaporate before your rice has a chance to cook. (You can also add the rice just as the water begins to boil, but the above method works fine for me- just be an attentive cook). After the rice has cooked, I add the cooked shrimp, tomatoes, green onions, peas, and any fresh herbs I may have on hand. I cook until heated through- about 2 minutes. I like the bottom of my paella to get a little brown/crusty, but you need to be careful not to burn it at this stage.
Makes about 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swag Bucks Widget