Wednesday, January 27, 2010

TURKISH TURKEY BREAST


Man I would kill for some turkish food right now. This is going to have to do. As always a measure stuff in my hand, it is not an exact science.

a boneless turkey breast
cooking oil of choice ( I used EVOO tonight, but you could use cooking spray if you want)
salt to rub with
1/2 Tbl red curry powder
1/2 Tbl curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 lemon's juice

Preheat oven to 325

Rub( or spray your bird down with oil of choice. Rub bird boob with salt. Mix dry spices in a small bowl and get to rubbin'! I rubbed it all over on all sides. Then I juiced half a lemon over the rubbed up bird and made sure the skin side was up. Bake about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Check at an hour to make sure it isn't burning. ( if it is cover with foil) Done when thickest part is 170. Pour chicken broth over it as needed, make sure there is always some broth on the bottom.

When you take it out of the oven move the breast to a platter and cover with foil. Take the pan with the drippings and put it on the stove and heat it until it boils. Mix about 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/2 cup COLD water and pour in and stir, reduce heat and allow to thicken a few minutes.
I am planning on making my sweet rice with this tonight. LOVE sweet and spicy and savory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swag Bucks Widget